- Fully managed, hosted service
- Flexible any-to-any solutions
- Very high customer satisfaction
- 20+ years’ industry experience
- Clear, transparent pricing
- All data held within the UK
- UK-based customer support
Are you an innovative creator who loves coming up with new solutions to solve technical challenges?
Are you a hands-on individual with experience designing solutions with complex requirements?
Would you enjoy working in a successful, innovative SaaS business with an excellent reputation?
If you have answered yes to these questions, we would love to hear from you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Solution Designer to join our team who can bring their passion for software solutions to creatively solve technical challenges and continually improve our services. We’re looking for an experienced software professional who lives to design and oversee the build and implementation of high-quality software solutions in a service environment.
We have an opportunity for someone who is a Solution Designer by instinct, who takes equal pride in developing new applications and the refinement of an existing module or algorithm, in order to ensure the business stays cutting edge and continues to provide best-in-class services.
The successful candidate will be a natural problem solver with demonstrable experience in designing software, large or small. Applicants must have the ability to understand and translate different business contexts and problems, identify the key technical requirements, and then design and implement effective solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and dynamic SaaS business with an enviable reputation for service. You’ll be making a genuine difference with plenty of opportunities to further expand on our growth and success.
And we can promise you, you’ll never be bored!
- No requirement is so complex, no detail is so small, that it is someone else’s problem
- Understand complex business requirements to ensure service needs are met
- Design software solutions that meet business goals and support delivery outcomes in a service context
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure that all relevant design options are evaluated and that optimal designs are built and implemented effectively
- Assess IT Risks, particularly those related to Data and Systems Access Security
- Ensure solutions are designed to be testable and to have inherently high quality
- Evolve existing solutions as technology and requirements change
- Work with stakeholders to identify threats and opportunities
- Liaise with development staff
- Design, conduct and oversee testing to an agreed standard
- Produce data and security reports and other documents that may be required
- Liaise with third-party service or software suppliers
- Represent the company to the highest standard in discussions with clients and trade bodies
What we’d like from you
Relevant technical development skills are advantageous, but they are not as essential as the position requires more time spent evaluating, designing, testing and implementing than actually developing software yourself.
The following skills are essential to be successful in this role:
- Have previous experience working in a professional development environment, you may have been a developer yourself, or been designing and specifying solutions for developers
- Be able to demonstrate you can fulfil most of the above role responsibilities by reference to previous work
- Experience in the design of efficient solutions with complex requirements.
- Proven experience working and building relationships with both Business & Technology stakeholders to ensure requirements are identified and satisfied
- Be a natural problem solver with a keen eye for opportunity and innovation and the ability to find creative solutions
- Be a self-motivated individual with a proactive hands-on approach
- Have excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Have solid organisational skills including high attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Be a positive, adaptable and dynamic individual that values strong communication and collaboration
- Some familiarity with Relational Databases and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
The following would be a great advantage:-
- Experience working in a cloud-based business with solid knowledge of IT operations, systems and networks
- Experience and knowledge of SaaS businesses
- Some familiarity with data communications protocols such as AS2, AS4, FTP/SFTP/FTPS, VANs, Web APIs
Negotiable Salary: Depending on Experience
How to apply: Solution Designer - itim (itimcareers.com)